1. We thank and praise the Lord for the new staff who joined NJH over the last month. We still need couple of more staff in Community Health including Social Work graduates and an accountant. There has been quite a few enquiries from other potential staff. We request prayers that the right people with the right aptitude for the place is selected.
2. We thank the Lord that we've been able to place orders for some new furniture and other equipment for the hospital. Some of the equipment including a new Olympus microscope and a compressor for the dental department has already arrived. For some others we need road permits for which we've submitted the required applications. Kindly pray that we would receive the goods smoothly without much hitches.
|Mr. Anil Nand inaugurating the new microscope|
4. We are in dire need of a Pharmacist in the unit.
5. The Regional Administrative Committees of the organisation would be happening soon in various parts of the country. We come under the Eastern Region, whose RAC is scheduled during 6-7 November in Madhepura. Kindly pray for all arrangements and the travel.
6. There is an initiative been taken by few Christian institutions - the Christian Medical College, Vellore; Catholic Bishops Conference of India; Catholic Health Association of India; Emmanuel Hospital Association, SIGN (the social development wing of the Catholic Bishops Conference of Jharkhand) - to look at maternal mortality. The first meeting was held in Ranchi on the 10th October. We thank the Lord for the initiative. We request prayers so that we would be able to make a concrete response to the very pathetic state of maternal and child healthcare in the region.
|Sr. Prabha from CBCI addressing the meeting|
8. We've heard that Mrs Wendy and Mr Gerry of the Grace Babies team is already in India and they would be visiting NJH sometime in February. We thank the Lord for this couple and the wonderful work they are doing. Please pray that their time in NJH would be very fruitful and a blessing to all of us.
9. We're planning for some amount of renovation of the hospital. There is need for more space and most of us feel that a number of private wards can be refurbished into general wards. The maintenance team is in the process of looking at the best and cost-effective way by which this can be accomplished.
10. The Community Health Project in the hospital is into quite a lot of projects. Please pray for Mr. Probodh Kujur who is giving leadership. In addition, we've project officers, Ms Rachel, Mr. Amit and Mr. Ebez who would value your prayers.
11. The project on Climate Change has garnered the attention of the government. We had a visit from a senior government official, Mr. M S Yadav, Director, Zonal Research Centre (Agriculture). He was wanting to partner with us in a multitude of areas. We pray that the Lord would lead us in this new area.
|Dr Yadav addresses the CH team|