1. Last week, we had the graduation and capping ceremony of our Nursing School. The function was conducted quite smoothly. We thank the Lord for His mercies during the program and the dinner hereafter. Kindly pray for all those who graduated as well as those who were capped.
2. Dr. Ango lost her mother last week. She had been not doing well for sometime. We thank the Lord for her life. Dr. Ango along with her husband, Dr Nandamani was in Manipur when she passed away. They were able to rush back fast and participate in the funeral. We request your prayers for the bereaved family.
3. Sr. Sandhya's father went to be with the Lord last week. Kindly remember the bereaved family in your prayers.
4. Dr. Shishir has not been keeping well of late. We have decided to send him to Delhi for further tests. We request your prayers for his health as well as for the travel to Delhi.
5. Today morning, one of our staff, Sr. Elmirah was involved in an accident. We're thankful that she did not have any major injury. Please pray that the injury on her foot will be healed soon.
6. Last week, we've been signed in for accreditation under the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana, the public health insurance scheme. We praise God for this long standing prayer request. We are also thankful to one of our well wishers who donated a good amount of money for setting up the initial infrastructure for the program. Kindly pray for the smooth functioning of the scheme in the unit.
7. We are thankful that RR and RK, who had burn injuries are on the road towards healing. RK may need some amount of skin grafting. Please continue to pray for both these kids.
8. We are thankful for Sr Wendy and Mr Jerry who would be visiting us for a month. Sr. Wendy has been helping hospitals in EHA towards providing quality care for newborn babies. Do pray for Dr Johnson and the team of nurses who would be facilitating leadership in newborn care at NJH. However, a pediatric and medicine consultant is a crying need for the place. Please continue to pray.
9. The burn unit construction is constructing smoothly. We've been informed that more funds are on the way. We pray that the Lord will bless all those who have contributed so far. We have also decided to buy a hollow brick making machine, which is something new in this region. Please do pray that we would be able to get this machine fast.
10. We are in dire need of the following items - a new transformer from the Electricity Board, purchasing a new generator (approximately 400,000 INR)and putting up fire fighting equipment for the hospital (approximately 120,000 INR). Kindly pray for the needs.