1. We praise God that we were accredited to treat patients under RSBY in Palamu since the last one year. The scheme for Palamu for the second year got expired yesterday. Kindly pray that we would continue to remain accredited for the next year.
2. We have been praying for creating a fund to subsidize treatment for our really serious obstetric patients. We thank one of our regular readers from Australia who has made a kind donation to kick start this fund. I'm sure quite a lot of our patients with complications like eclampsia, rupture uterus etc. would benefit.
3. Meanwhile the obstetric care in the region remain pathetic. Women continue to die. Families are much affected. Kindly pray that we would be an agent of change in the area of maternal and child health in the region.
4. We thank the Lord for our staff nurse, Sr. Hiramani. Sr. Hira, a known case of Rheumatic Heart Disease had delivered a healthy baby last week. She went into pulmonary edema following which she was subject to an emergency procedure. She was in the ventilator for around 4 days. Yesterday, the ventilator has been removed. Kindly pray that she would make a complete recovery.
5. Our brick machine turns one year this week. We were quite apprehensive about how useful it would be be. We thank the Lord that He enabled us to purchase it. Special thanks to the Burns unit team who agreed to fund the purchase it. It has been a blessing.
6. Over the next month we are looking at ways and means to attract more poor to come to NJH in the absence of competent centres at the public health level. Kindly pray as we deliberate and take decisions.
7. We need to build new residences for our staff. Kindly pray for Dinesh, our engineer and Mr. Shovit from Central Office as they make the final designs.
8. The short summer vacation for children in our campus starts from today. Kindly pray for staff and families who plan to take a break and travel.
9. Next week, we celebrate International Women's Day. We've one week long celebrations where we would be having a special focus on women in the Bible. On the 8th evening, we've a special time of fellowship with Rev. James Panavila giving leadership.
10. We are part of a snake bite study facilitated by the Christian Medical College, Vellore. We thank the Lord for this privilege. Do pray for this as NJH would be part of a multi-centric study of such importance most probably for the first time.