Friday, June 23, 2017

To do list


Few weeks back, I had a unique experience.

Early morning at around 7 am, a man was rushed into our clinic with complaints of chest pain since the last 2 days. He was taking some local treatment elsewhere when the pain became unbearable since midnight. He had a feeling that his life was coming to an end.

We made him comfortable, gave some analgesics and went ahead with an ECG. It was obviously a heart attack in progress.

He asked me if he was having a heart attack which he knew could be fatal. I told him that he appears to be having a heart attack. Although in severe pain, he asked one of the bystanders, who seemed to be his son to bring him a paper and a pen. We provided him with one.

He was in too much distress to write. He told his son to write as he dictated. It was basically names of people along with amounts of money which they owed him. It took some time for him to remember, but he thought he had all names. The total was quite a bit of an amount .. .. ..

As I witnessed this exercise, I remembered about how people like Moses, Joseph, Abraham etc. of the Old Testament in the Bible called all his children and blessed them as they lay dying.

I wondered what I will have to tell my children and grandchildren as I reach my last days on earth . . .

My prayer is that it would only be to tell my family about how good the Lord has been and how good is it to trust and follow the Lordship of Jesus Christ . . .


2 comments:

  1. Daltanganj District Recruitment 2017 – palamu.nic.in 3068 Sales Manager/Trainee Posts:- Government of Jharkhand is going to organize the Daltanganj Rozgar Mela .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need Finance? Are you looking for Finance? Are you looking for finance to enlarge your business? We help individuals and companies to obtain finance for business expanding and to setup a new business ranging any amount. Get finance at affordable interest rate of 3%, Do you need this finance for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more information contact us now via financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com whats-App +918929509036 Dr James Eric Housing Finance Pvt Ltd Thank

    ReplyDelete