I had quite a few people asking me about the ragi idli recipe.
Here it is . . .
- Ragi (finger millet flour): 2 cups
- Raw rice (arwa chawal): 1/2 cup
- Bengal gram (urad dal): 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Lukewarm water
- Soak the bengal gram and the raw rice separately for about 6 hours.
- Grind the bengal gram to fine paste. Keep aside.
- Grind the raw rice to a rough batter. It should not be very smooth, but should have enough water to mix the ragi flour in.
- Mix the rice batter to the bengal gram paste.
- Fold the ragi flour to the batter. It should not be mixed too much. Add enough water to get a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into idli moulds and keep in the idli cooker for 10 minutes.
- The recipe makes about 24 medium sized idlis.