Thursday, January 12, 2012

Remembering Andamans . . .

There was something unfortunate in our vernacular daily today. Later, I found out that it was all over in the international press. 


A significant shift in a stand leaning more towards primary healthcare and public health happened in me during a 6 month posting in Andaman soon after the Tsunami in December 2004. I was part of the initial disaster response team sent from EHA. 


Well, the first reaction you have of that place is the amazing beauty of the islands. I hope to share few of the snaps I took during the 6 months. I know that the snaps are too assorted. Unfortunately, I'm sure that I'll take quite a lot of time to sort them out . . .  So, kindly excuse . . . 


Snap taken to send home . . . 

One of the umpteen snaps taken of the rock formations along the sea . . .


Reminder of the independence struggle... Gallows at the cellular jail...

Cellular Jail . . . 

Reminder of the earthquake . . . 

Road to Mount Harriet

Ferry crossing at Baratang . . . On the way to Rangat . . . 

Again reminders of the earthquake . . . 

Tents at the relief camps . . . 

Our clinic in progress . . . 







Hutbay . . . 

Destruction at Hutbay . . . 

School in progress at Hutbay


The team . . . 








Crab Poo . . . 

Photo response to a friend who sent me a snap of his posh office . . . 








Mud volcano . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment