After the fire tragedy at a hospital in Kolkota couple of months back, we took a decision to install fire-fighting equipment in our hospital. It is of course a costly affair, but it was something mandatory and therefore, our management committee took a decision to go ahead with the same. The total cost of putting the necessary equipment which includes extinguishers containing chemical powder, carbondioxide gas and water cost us a whopping 120,000 INR.
|Unloading the tanks|
|Elias trying out the fireman's helmet|
Today was the installation and demonstration of all the equipment. And we had a great and hilarious time.
After the company arrived with the equipment, they requested us to get a good fire going so that they could demonstrate the equipment.
Our maintenance department was up to the task and there was no doubt on who performed better at the end of the show. The snaps say it all.
|Starting the teaching session|
|Starting the fire|
|Resham trying to douse the fire|
|Realised that the fire is quite a bad one . . .|
|Resham's extinguisher runs out . . .|
|The third one being tried . . .|
|The fire still burns . . .|
|The biggest one is brought in . . .|
|Which malfunctions . . .|
I wonder if we could have done without the equipment. But, our maintenance fellows had fuelled the fire with waste cloth used to clean the generators/vehicle, old gasoline scrapped from the fuel tanks of the generators when they are cleaned, dry wood and cardboard boxes from the stores. . .
So, lesson learnt at the end. It's better to prevent a fire from starting rather than try to douse a fire . . . How true . . .
Wow that was funny and serious too.In last nov, we had arranged a youth camp here in Riyadh and during the night session we thought of a camp fire something the kids here had never seen. While starting the fire coz it was severe winter we thought of using some petrol to light the fire since kerosene was available nowhere. I am the smartest so I set everything showing everyone how to do it, put the fire on and then poured the petrol from the plastic can. You know what, a gush of fire came sky high and the remaining petrol was lighted only at the mouth of the can.I threw it down and it goes sky high. Dr RoyReplyDelete
It is a great wonderful handy resource that you are providing You've got lots of points below, that's why i adore reading your publish.Nice blog and creativity.ReplyDelete
Fire safety equipment